Zalaris Review: SAP SuccessFactors 2H 202016 Nov 2020
For the past week, Zalaris has been publishing its usual series of articles to cover the upcoming SuccessFactors release. The updates are already in preview systems and are set for release into production systems over the weekend of 20 November 2020.
As befits a six-month release cycle, there are a lot of changes packed into this latest release. SAP is continuing to find ways to leverage their “Intelligent Enterprise” approach and provide broader applications in the modules and the end-to-end processes. Also, and as warranted by the shift from HCM (Human Capital Management) to HXM (Human Experience Management), there is an obvious continued investment in the end-user and administrator experiences. Simplification and integration are watchwords for this release, and I would expect for those to come in 2021.
Our articles have been given a new look and have been restructured and renamed for this release. Hopefully, this will make it easier for people to consume and understand, particularly regarding all the Employee Central-related articles, and also to find the articles in the first place. Of course, resharing this LinkedIn article with your network would be appreciated, and hopefully will help even more people benefit from the insights we are sharing openly with the community.
A final note on what makes our articles stand out for those who may not have come across them in the five-plus years we have been writing them. Rather than summarising the already well-summarised information from SAP, our approach is different from that of many of the other commentators. We look more at the application of the changes. We use our experience to highlight the benefits and the impact of the features. We look at the considerations that should be applied before a customer implements a change.
Our series is bookended by introduction and summary posts by Stephen Burr (VP Professional Services at Zalaris UK&I), and daily posts providing links to the articles; published in a convenient PDF format so you can keep them for reference. The links to all of these resources are provided below:
SuccessFactors 2H 2020 Release: Series Introduction
- Introduction to the SuccessFactors 2H 2020 Release, by Stephen Burr.
SuccessFactors 2H 2020 Release: Part 1 of 5
- SuccessFactors Employee Central: Core, by Tobias Becker.
- SuccessFactors Employee Central: Service Centre, by Stephen Millard.
SuccessFactors 2H 2020 Release: Part 2 of 5
- SuccessFactors Analytics, by Alexander Friesen.
- SuccessFactors Employee Central: Cross Topics, by Stephen Hammond.
- SuccessFactors Foundation, by Christine Ibrahim.
SuccessFactors 2H 2020 Release: Part 3 of 5
- SuccessFactors Employee Central: Payroll, by Shanto Menachery.
- SuccessFactors Performance and Goals Management, by Andrejs Misjuns.
- SuccessFactors Succession, Career Development Planning and Calibration, by Ilga Proveja.
SuccessFactors 2H 2020 Release: Part 4 of 5
- SuccessFactors Onboarding, by Bartłomiej Hołowczyc.
- SuccessFactors Recruiting, by Monika Zajc.
- SuccessFactors Learning, by Vadims Pavlovs.
SuccessFactors 2H 2020 Release: Part 5 of 5
- SuccessFactors Employee Central: Benefits & Time Management, by James Robb.
- SuccessFactors Compensation and Variable Pay, by Ruben Schultz Beeck.
SuccessFactors 2H 2020 Release: Series Summary
- SuccessFactors 2H 2020 Release Summary, by Stephen Burr.