Zalaris Review: SAP SuccessFactors H1 202123 May 2021
Last week, Zalaris published the bi-annual set of articles reviewing the details of the upcoming SuccessFactors release. These updates are already in preview systems, and most customers I expect are busy examining the options that they might like to take advantage of and looking for ways in which they can optimise their use of SuccessFactors.
There is the usual spread of updates across the modules, but I am particularly excited to see how a couple of the areas discussed in the articles will take hold over the next six to nine months.
The first are the developments around reporting and analytics. I see that there is a potential there to open up more actionable and integrated reporting across the suite that could really provide new insights, efficiencies and opportunities for customers.
The second is around the integration of SuccessFactors with more contextual ways of working. Surfacing SuccessFactors information in Microsoft Teams, integration of Microsoft Viva, pulling in information from a variety of places with SAP Work Zone for HR. Being able to access data and information contextually, where and when it is necessary has the potential to be a game changer in the way we work. There have been a lot of failures around similar ideas in the past 30 years, but with more sophisticated tools, and a more digitally savvy workforce, this could be the tipping point.
As always, the hope is that the insights and analysis we provide within our articles will make it easier for everyone to consume and understand. We strive to provide the definitive materials on the subject to help not only to help our own understanding, but also the level of understanding within the entire SuccessFactors community.
Our series is bookended by introduction and summary posts written by Stephen Burr, VP Professional Services at Zalaris UK&I), and daily posts providing links to the articles; published in a convenient PDF format so you can keep them for reference. The links to all of these resources are provided below:
- Introduction to the SuccessFactors H1 2021 Release, by Stephen Burr.
- SuccessFactors Employee Central: Core, by Tobias Becker.
- SuccessFactors Employee Central: Benefits & Time Management, by Eliette Marical.
- SuccessFactors Employee Central: Cross Topics, by Stephen Hammond.
- SuccessFactors Employee Central: Service Centre, by Stephen Millard.
- SuccessFactors Foundation, by Signe Mørkenborg Larsen.
- SuccessFactors Employee Central: Payroll, by Shanto Menachery.
- SuccessFactors Compensation and Variable Pay, by Ruben Schultz Beeck.
- SuccessFactors Performance and Goals Management, by Piotr Jeleniewski.
- SuccessFactors Learning, by Jaqueline Runkel.
- SuccessFactors Succession and Career Development Planning, by Joanna Silveira Santos.
- SuccessFactors Onboarding, by Marcel Schüßler.
- SuccessFactors Recruiting, by Liam Clark.
- SuccessFactors Analytics, by Monika Zajc.
- SuccessFactors 1H 2021 Release Summary, by Stephen Burr.
We hope that you find the articles interesting and informative. Please do share them with your colleagues and networks, wherever you think others will benefit from reading them.